Perthshire is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful areas of Scotland. This is just one of the reasons it makes for such a great location for the 100th Gents Highland Open. Pitlochry Golf has given golfers the chance to play one of the most visually stunning golf courses. As well as this, it is a chance to take part in one of the most iconic amateur golf tournaments since 1909.
This year, the golf club is hosting the 100th Gents Highland Open tournament. As a result, it is sure to be a special event to remember. The tournament at Pitlochry Golf takes place over six full days. It gives amateur golfers the chance to show off their skills across a range of different competitions.
The much-anticipated event kicks off on Sunday 4th August and runs until Friday 9th August 2019. Furthermore, this special centenary celebration offers a busy schedule for budding golfers:
• Sunday 4th August: The Highland Gents four ball open takes place.
• Monday 5th August: The first round 18 hole Strokeplay qualifying competition, which incorporates the George Hogg (Handicap) Memorial Trophy, the John ‘Puff’ Rutherford (Scratch) Memorial Trophy, and the under 21’s Cameron Cup.
• Tuesday 6th August: The second round 18 hole Strokeplay qualifying competition.
• Wednesday 7th August: The matchplay knockout rounds for Scratch, Handicap, Plate 1 and 2, Seniors under 65 and Seniors over 65 competitions. Any golfers that have not qualified can compete at this stage for the Blair Atholl Cup.
• Thursday 8th August: The morning will see the first round of the 36 hole Scratch final take place. In the afternoon there will be the second round 18 holes Scratch final, the Handicap final, Seniors finals and Plate 1 and 2 finals.
The Highland Open is not just one of the most popular amateur golfing events because of the sport itself; there is plenty more for golfers and spectators to experience throughout the week.
The Pitlochry Golf clubhouse will be serving up delicious food and good times over the course of the competition. There will be a range of social evenings, quiz nights and presentation evenings to keep all visitors entertained.